11 Aug Planning Your Next Beach Visit- Charleston, SC
Essentials for Your Next Beach Visit- Charleston, SC
In Charleston, summer temperature and sunshine can last well into September. This means it isn’t too late to visit Charleston for a beach vacation! Whether you’re coming from a place where it’s already cold, or you’re a Charleston native looking to catch some rays before heading back to school or work, here are some beach essentials for your next beach visit:
- Bathing suit. Obviously.
- Sunscreen with at least 30 SPF. The sun’s rays can be brutal, especially here on the coast. Make sure you protect your skin from sunburns and other harmful conditions with some sunscreen!
- Beach chairs. Whether it’s a cheap folding chair you found at Walmart or a chair with six different cup holders and speakers in the head rest, it’s a good idea to bring it to the beach. Even if you’re too busy playing ultimate Frisbee in the surf to sit down, it can serve as a place to put all your other stuff so it doesn’t get sandy.
- Beach umbrella. Good for cooling down, getting out of the hot sun, and relaxing in the shade, beach umbrellas are a good investment for people who love the beach.
- Just for people who don’t like to air dry.
- Water and other snacks. Being at the beach all day can really dehydrate you. Bringing plenty of water to drink is a good way to avoid dehydration and heat stroke. The other snacks help you stay energetic and not hungry enough to leave! (Just make sure you don’t feed anything to the seagulls!)
- A book, sandcastle building tools, beach balls, or other toys. While some people can bring some headphones to the beach and have the time of their life, other people have more fun reading, building sandcastles, or playing fun beach sports. Whatever you like to do at the beach, be prepared!
- Flip flops or sandals. Beach sand can get really hot, so be sure to protect your feet with some open shoes.
Remembering to bring these few items can make your beach day a better experience for you and your whole family.
Rent chairs or umbrellas for your next beach visit at Folly Beach Chair Rentals!
Chairs that you rent are delivered in the morning, set up on any location you choose on Folly Beach, and picked up in the late afternoon! Don’t wait to relax! Rent beach chairs or umbrellas here today! If you have any questions regarding rentals, tours, paddleboards, or anything else, feel free to visit our contact page or call us at (843) 588-2278.